SEATTLE, July 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Alaska Airlines announced today that the carrier's 587 ramp service and stores agents have ratified a new six-year contract. The agreement was approved by 91 percent of the members of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers who voted.
"I'm delighted that our ramp service and stores workers overwhelmingly approved a contract that reflects their valuable contribution to Alaska Airlines and provides them with long-term security," said Shane Tackett, the carrier's vice president of labor relations. "It's also notable that ratification occurred before the July 19 amendable date of the current contract, thanks to the professionalism of negotiators for the union and Alaska who worked together to develop an agreement that's fair for everyone."
The new contract, which becomes amendable in July 2018, includes wage increases of 10 percent over the life of the agreement, two long-term contract payments, and job security and improved productivity provisions.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air, subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group (NYSE: ALK), together serve more than 90 cities through an expansive network in Alaska, the Lower 48, Hawaii, Canada and Mexico. Alaska Airlines has ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Traditional Network Carriers" in the J.D. Power and Associates North America Airline Satisfaction Study(SM) for five consecutive years from 2008 to 2012. For reservations, visit www.alaskaair.com. For more news and information, visit the Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air Newsroom at www.alaskaair.com/newsroom.SOURCE Alaska Airlines
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV