To start with then, I have to make the usual reminder that during the call today, we will be making forward-looking statements. These statements are based on our current expectations and certain planning assumptions, which are subject to risk and uncertainties. The actual results may differ materially due to factors mentioned in today's press release and discussed in the conference call. I encourage you to read about these risks and uncertainties in our earnings report, as well as in our annual report.
And so with this said, I would like to hand over the call to Hans Vestberg.
Thank you very much, Åse. Hello, everyone. Let me be brief on the key developments in the quarter as many of you probably listened to the press conference and have read our materials. But in the quarter, we are continuing to stay very close to our customers.And as I mentioned early this morning as well, the last 45 days, we and the executive team, including myself, we have talked to 100% of our revenue base to understand where the market is going, and we don't see any major changes since the first quarter. And remember, in the first quarter and the fourth quarter last year, we said that in the markets where there are some macroeconomical uncertainties, we see, more quarters, operators when it comes to investments for that is the same sort of prevailing in the quarter. But we are not seeing any change to what we talked about in the first quarter. But important for us is to stay close to the customers in these times, to understand how they will act in this market. When it comes to market with political uncertainty, there is no change there, neither the market that has political uncertainty or by -- for practical reasons, not doing much investments, and that will, for a while, continue. And that's predominant in markets in Middle East and in Northern Africa. But there's no news on that. It's basically the same as in previous quarters.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV