GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colo., July 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ampio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: AMPE), a biopharmaceutical company conducting clinical trials on its three lead drugs (Ampion™, Optina™ & Zertane™), licensing distribution of these drugs and developing additional new drugs, today announced the closing of a $17,839,120 underwritten public offering of 5,488,960 shares of common stock, including 692,310 shares of common stock which were sold by Ampio and certain of its stockholders pursuant to the exercise of the underwriters' over-allotment option, at a price of $3.25 per share. Ampio received gross proceeds of $16,912,545 from the offering and the selling stockholders received gross proceeds of $926,575 from the offering. Ampio will not receive any of the proceeds from the sale of shares by the selling stockholders.
Aegis Capital Corp. and Fordham Financial Management, Inc. acted as joint book-running managers for the offering.
The offering was made pursuant to a shelf registration statement that Ampio filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") and is effective. The prospectus supplements relating to the offering were filed with the SEC and are available on the website of the SEC at http://www.sec.gov. Copies of the prospectus supplements relating to the offering may also be obtained by contacting Aegis Capital Corp., Prospectus Department, 810 Seventh Avenue, 18th Floor, New York, NY, 10019, telephone: 212-813-1010 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fordham Financial Management, Inc., 17 Battery Place, South, Suite 643, New York, New York 10004.This press release does not constitute an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, these securities, nor will there be any sale of these securities in any state or other jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale is not permitted.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV