DENVER, July 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Family members who have lost a loved one in the line of duty, military personnel returning from duty, and college-bound students living in subsidized affordable housing are the beneficiaries of funds raised in the 9th annual Aimco Cares Golf Classic sponsored by Apartment Investment and Management Company (Aimco), and presented by RE/MAX.
More than 120 golfers participated in the 2012 charity tournament with more 84 companies providing sponsorships to raise funds for the event held July 12 at Sanctuary Golf Course in Sedalia, Colorado. Platinum sponsors, contributing $10,000 or more, were Apartment Guide, the tournament's largest contributor; Apartment Finder; Apartment Realty Advisors; Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck; CBRE; Conservice; Cushman & Wakefield; Harris Winick, LLP; Hosting.com; Institutional Property Advisors; Jones Lang LaSalle; Karndean Design Flooring; Kutak Rock LLP; Lockton; Quantum; RealPage; Southeast Apartment Partners; Transwestern; and Wilmar."The generosity of our sponsors was tremendous, helping us set a new record in tournament gross proceeds," said Miles Cortez, Aimco Chief Administrative Officer and Tournament Chair. "Thanks to our contributors, our event will have a national impact, as significant funds will be distributed to families across the country assisted by the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors and Project Sanctuary, and the young men and women living in subsidized housing who are now able to attend college with grants from the Aimco Cares Opportunity Scholarship Fund." Founded in 1994, TAPS has established itself as the front line resource to the families and loved ones of fallen military men and women. TAPS provides comfort and care through comprehensive services and programs including peer based emotional support, case work assistance, crisis intervention, and grief and trauma resources.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV