NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - Intel (INTC) may have lowered its full-year guidance when it announced its second-quarter results on Tuesday, but strong gross margins and competitive strength shouldn't be ignored.
The tech giant's shares were climbing nearly 3.5% to $26.26 on Wednesday as investors digested Intel's comfortable earnings beat and its 63.4% gross margin, which came in above the midpoint of its guidance.
Despite acknowledging a challenging macroeconomic environment, the Dow component expects gross margins to remain healthy. The Santa Clara, Calif.-based company predicted a third-quarter gross margin between 61% and 65%, and offered a full-year margin range of 62% and 66%.
"Bears have long argued that Intel's capex in next-gen capacity and
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV