Penns Woods Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:PWOD)
- Net income from core operations (“operating earnings”), which is a non-GAAP measure of net income excluding net securities gains and losses and bank owned life insurance gains on death benefit, increased to $3,286,000 and $6,477,000 for the three and six months ended June 30, 2012 compared to $2,958,000 and $5,729,000 for the same period of 2011.
- Operating earnings per share for the three and six months ended June 30, 2012 were $0.86 and $1.69 basic and dilutive compared to $0.77 and $1.49 basic and dilutive for the same period of 2011, an increase of 11.7% and 13.4%.
- Return on average assets was 1.67% and 1.78% for the three and six months ended June 30, 2012 compared to 1.64% for the three and six month periods of 2011.
- Return on average equity was 15.48% and 16.42% for the three and six months ended June 30, 2012 compared to 16.29% and 16.45% for the corresponding period of 2011.
“The effort of all employees to focus on relationships has resulted in continued growth of loans and deposits. These efforts have resulted in significant growth in home equity loans, while core deposits have increased substantially and have been utilized to fund the loan growth. The growth in loans and deposits is the cornerstone of the strong financial metrics of net income, earnings per share, return on equity, and return on assets that are being reported,” said Richard A. Grafmyre, CFP®, President and CEO.
A reconciliation of the non-GAAP financial measures of operating earnings, operating return on assets, operating return on equity, and operating earnings per share, described in the highlights, to the comparable GAAP financial measures is included at the end of this press release.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV