As payment methods move away from credit cards, debit cards and cash to smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices, PayPal is investing in its digital wallet.
PayPal initially partnered with San Francisco-based card.io to develop a mobile application for PayPal Here, its global payment platform for small and medium-sized businesses, launched in March.
The mobile app from card.io lets developers read credit card information with a smartphone camera. The lack of extra hardware required for the app rivals Square and Google's (GOOG) Google Wallet. Square sells its sleek card-reader hardware in Apple (AAPL) Stores because of a partnership with the iPhone maker."While working with them
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV