- Recognition honors companies that are transforming the communications industry and bringing innovative products and services to market.
- The Sonus SBC 5200 is designed for high-capacity environments demanded by tier one service providers and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Sonus SBC 5200 supports 64,000 sessions on a single server, more than twice the capacity of a similar product from the leading SBC competitor.
Sonus Networks (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in SIP communications, today announced that TMC, a global, integrated media company, has named the Sonus SBC 5200 Session Border Controller (SBC) as a recipient of the “ 2012 NGN Leadership Award” presented by its publications INTERNET TELEPHONY and Next Gen Mobility.
The 2012 NGN Leadership Award recognizes the growth, evolution and distinction between the applications and services designed for next generation networks and the enabling technologies that make them possible.
The Sonus SBC 5200 is specifically designed for high-capacity environments demanded by tier one service providers. The Sonus SBC 5200 supports 64,000 sessions on a single server, more than twice the capacity of a similar product from the leading SBC competitor.Infonetics Research shows Sonus as the fastest-growing SBC vendor in the service provider market for 2011 (“Service Provider VoIP Equipment and Subscribers,” 4Q11 report); growing almost 4x faster than the market average. Sonus also counts several Fortune 500 enterprises among its SBC customers, including some of the world's largest banks, airlines, retailers and healthcare providers. SBCs provide secure access to SIP trunking, which enables enterprises to reduce costs and deliver new applications such as Unified Communications (UC) and video. SIP trunking, trunking consolidation and the move to VoIP can reduce traditional enterprise telecom bills by up to 75%. A recent Infonetics Research report shows the enterprise SBC market up 60% from 2010 to 2011 and is expected to grow 26% year-over-year through 2016.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV