AUSTIN, Texas , July 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Lauren Conrad launches her BlueAvocado XO(eco)™ collection of sustainable and reusable lifestyle products made with REPREVE® recycled fibers. Conrad's XO(eco) line marks the first celebrity portfolio designed entirely to reduce waste and conserve natural resources, and includes nearly 20 food-on-the-go, travel and cosmetic storage accessories. The collection is fashioned using REPREVE-based fabric made from recycled plastics, including post-consumer bottles. Conrad designed each print and product to meet the everyday needs of aspiring women, providing them with cute, eco-friendly product options that will help organize and simplify their lives. The entire XO(eco) collection is now available on Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/xoeco (Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120718/CL42176 ) "As a designer, making greener choices has to be easy, inspiring and fun. I have designed items in the BlueAvocado XO(eco) collection with REPREVE to become a part of my daily life so I can have fashionable, eco-friendly products," said Lauren Conrad. "If the XO(eco) collection keeps millions of disposable bags and plastic bottles from landfills and oceans, then we have successfully designed a timeless fashion statement."
The XO(eco) collection uses Lauren's signature "XO" mark, representing her commitment to a 'loveable style for a liveable planet.' Styles and product features include:
- The XO(eco) food-on-the-go line helps customers avoid disposable alternatives with reusable and washable lunch and shopping totes, and (re)zip snack baggies.
- The XO(eco) collection of travel and beauty accessories include the cool iron cover that withstands up to 500 degrees, beauty kit with two removable clear (re)zips that meet the TSA requirements for airline travel, make-up clutch, brush box, 12-piece jewelry roll, computer case, and weekender bag.
- The collection is initially available in two classic prints: black and cream 'tuxedo stripes', and an adorable mint and pink 'bird-on-a-wire' print.
"We are excited that Lauren Conrad and BlueAvocado selected our REPREVE product as part of the XO(eco) collection," said Roger Berrier, president and COO of Unifi. "In the United States less than 30 percent of all plastic bottles are recycled. It is our collective goal to educate people on the importance of recycling and how choosing products made with REPREVE can have a positive impact on the environment."
The collection features an eco-impact label designed to educate and inspire consumers, featuring environmental metrics, including bottles upcycled and the carbon footprint. Made with REPREVE, each product contains between 3 and 35 plastic bottles. Additionally, Blue Avocado will donate 1% of profits from the XO(eco) line towards ocean preservation and restoration." There is nothing more fashionable than designing a better future, and no one more perfect to inspire millions than Lauren Conrad," said Amy George, CEO for BlueAvocado. "She has an eye for design and a heart for our planet." © 2012 All Rights Reserved. BlueAvocado, XO(eco) and (re)zips are trademarks of BlueAvocado. REPREVE is a registered trademark of Unifi, Inc. All other trademarks are registered trademarks of their respective brands. SOURCE Unifi, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV