Silicon Laboratories Inc. (Nasdaq: SLAB) today announced it has filed a patent infringement lawsuit against MaxLinear in the Southern District of California, San Diego Division. This lawsuit continues patent litigation against MaxLinear that now involves 20 Silicon Laboratories patents related to RF and mixed-signal design. Silicon Labs intends to prove that MaxLinear’s portfolio of TV, set-top box, and cable tuners infringes on a number of Silicon Labs' key innovations developed and adopted by the market over the last decade. Silicon Labs has asked the court for an injunction stopping the sale of all infringing MaxLinear products.
Silicon Labs has a track record of innovation and commercial success derived from inventions covered by an extensive portfolio of 1,200 patented and patent-pending innovations. The company intends to defend vigorously against any infringement of its core intellectual property.
Silicon Laboratories Inc.
Silicon Laboratories is an industry leader in the innovation of high-performance, analog-intensive, mixed-signal ICs. Developed by a world-class engineering team with unsurpassed expertise in mixed-signal design, Silicon Labs’ diverse portfolio of patented semiconductor solutions offers customers significant advantages in performance, size and power consumption. As a leading developer of RF technology in CMOS, Silicon Labs has shipped over one billion radio ICs worldwide and has developed an extensive broadcast patent portfolio which includes more than 200 patents and applications. For more information about Silicon Labs, please visit www.silabs.com.Note to editors: Silicon Laboratories and the Silicon Labs logo are trademarks of Silicon Laboratories Inc. All other product names noted herein may be trademarks of their respective holders.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV