July 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Walmart today announced the results of the "Walmart Class of 2012 Back-to-School Survey," which revealed that 76 percent of moms with children in kindergarten to 12th grade consider back-to-school a time for a fresh start over Jan. 1 – in fact, nine out of ten moms make back-to-school "resolutions" in preparation for the year ahead. With 78 percent of moms planning to get organized this
new school year, Walmart today launched
Classrooms by Walmart, an online compilation of thousands of classroom supply lists representing schools in all 50 states plus
Washington, D.C., making it easier for moms to get their back-to-school supplies online and in Walmart stores.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please visit: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/57202-walmart-back-to-school-survey-online-supply-list-classrooms-moms
Classrooms by Walmart, the latest innovation to come from @WalmartLabs, enables moms to find their students' classroom supply lists and purchase the items on Walmart.com or at their local Walmart store. Walmart is the first major retailer to digitize thousands of school supply lists from across the country with additional lists to be added daily throughout the summer. Local school supply lists will also be available in Walmart stores.
"For the moms who shop our stores, back-to-school isn't just about checking items off their lists. It's about a fresh start, changing routines and getting children ready with products that match their personalities and budgets," said Duncan Mac Naughton, chief merchandising officer, Walmart U.S. "We're committed to setting our customers up for success this back-to-school season by sticking to our plan – offering everyday low prices and the broadest assortment of the right merchandise their families need."The "Walmart Class of 2012 Back-to-School Survey" also revealed that saving money and eating healthier topped moms' "new school year" resolutions, and uncovered moms' most important purchases for the season:
- Save Money. Seventy-five percent of moms surveyed anticipate that trying to save more money will be among their top resolutions this year. This year, Walmart will offer more than 100 back-to-school items for teachers and students at 88 cents including pencil pouches, lunch totes, notebooks, gel pens, dry erase boards and more. The retailer will also offer a large selection of back-to-school supplies to accommodate every list at low prices all season long – from everyday basic supplies such as crayons and pencils to a broad assortment of notebooks styled to fit any personality.
- Eat Healthier. When surveyed, 61 percent of moms said they plan to get their families to eat healthier during the new school year; however, nearly half felt their biggest challenge to accomplishing this is the cost of healthy foods. Walmart doesn't believe customers should have to choose between food that is good for them and food they can afford. The retailer is making it easier to make healthier food choices with the Great for You seal which customers will begin to see on healthy and affordable Great Value and Marketside items in Walmart stores beginning this September.
- Back-to-School Looks for Less. Moms identified back-to-school clothes, shoes and backpacks as their children's three most important purchases for the new school year. Walmart offers a vast assortment of quality and affordable basics and fashion basics from top brands for children of all ages. Walmart's Back to School Closet Creator online resource, launching in late July on Walmart.com, will help families mix and match outfits on a budget. Customers can also feel confident in their children's new back-to-school outfits with the retailer's satisfaction guarantee – customers can bring back any apparel item with a receipt within 90 days for a full refund.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV