I will now continue with Slide 7. In June, we announced a definitive agreement to divest our Healthcare business. The sale is consistent with our primary focus on serving financial institutions and operating in markets where we have meaningful scale. We expect to complete the sale by the end of the third quarter. We'll provide additional details regarding the transaction later on the call.
We continue to maintain a strong focus on serving our clients and expanding relationships. I recently visited with several key clients and business leaders across the United States as well as Europe and Brazil. The feedback from these meetings provided me with even greater confidence that our time, efforts and resources are focused in the areas that are most important to our clients and that the overall business strategy is working. Finding new sources of growth, improving overall profitability and differentiating through institutions from the competition rank high on our clients' list of priorities, as do managing risk and regulatory compliance. Our proven ability to deliver industry-leading solutions and provide value to our clients through leverage and scale are among the many advantages that FIS brings to our clients.
During the second quarter, I met with several clients to provide them with an update on our business and the improvements we are making in the area of information security and risk management. These conversations have been very productive. Gary will provide more detail later on the call. I am very pleased with our strong performance through the first half of 2012, and we are positioned to achieve our full-year objectives.
As always, our management team and employees are focused on serving our clients, executing the strategy that we communicated at our Investor Day in February and driving value for our shareholders.Now I will turn it over to Gary for the business report. Gary?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV