Pinnacle Financial Partners, Inc. (Nasdaq/NGS: PNFP) today reported that its net income per fully diluted common share available to common stockholders was $0.23 for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, compared to net income per fully diluted common share available to common stockholders of $0.14 for the quarter ended June 30, 2011, an increase of 64.0 percent. Net income per fully diluted common share available to common stockholders was $0.44 for the six months ended June 30, 2012, compared to net income per fully diluted common share available to common stockholders of $0.20 for the six months ended June 30, 2011, an increase of 120.0 percent.
As a result of the TARP preferred stock redemption that occurred during the quarter, second quarter and year-to-date results include the accretion of the remaining preferred stock discount. This resulted in a one-time, non-cash charge to net income available to common stockholders of approximately $1.7 million during the quarter.
“Despite the industry headwinds, we continued to accelerate loan and core deposit growth as well as expand our net interest margin during the second quarter,” said M. Terry Turner, Pinnacle’s president and chief executive officer. “Perhaps more importantly, we also continued to build lending pipelines, and we expect continued loan growth during the third quarter.”
Building the Core Earnings Capacity of the Firm
- Loans at June 30, 2012, were $3.44 billion, an increase of $106.8 million from March 31, 2012. Commercial and industrial loans plus owner-occupied commercial real estate loans were $1.83 billion at June 30, 2012, an increase of $57.8 million from March 31, 2012, and the eighth consecutive quarter of net growth. Loans have increased $153.3 million since Dec. 31, 2011, an annualized growth rate of 9.3 percent.
- Since expanding to Knoxville in the summer of 2007, Pinnacle has continued its strong growth in that market. The Knoxville footprint reached $577.9 million in loans at the end of the second quarter of 2012, up from $544.4 million at March 31, 2012, or 6.2 percent.
- Average balances of noninterest bearing deposit accounts were $755.6 million in the second quarter of 2012, up 7.7 percent over first quarter 2012 and 20.1 percent over the same quarter last year.
- Revenue for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, amounted to $50.1 million, compared to $47.6 million for the same quarter of last year, an increase of 5.2 percent.
- Net interest margin increased to 3.76 percent for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, up from 3.74 percent last quarter and from 3.55 percent for the quarter ended June 30, 2011.
- Pre-tax pre-provision income was $16.2 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, up $2.5 million from last quarter and $2.9 million from the same quarter last year. Pre-tax pre-provision income was up 18.7 percent over last quarter and 22.1 percent over the same quarter last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV