Bank of America earnings story updated with additional information
- Bank of America (BAC - Get Report) reports second quarter earnings per share of $0.19
- Revenue decreased 1% from the previous quarter, to $22.2 billion.
- Analysts were expecting EPS of $0.14 on revenues of $22.9 billion.
Revenues of $22.2 billion were less than 1% lower than the previous quarter and 65% higher than the second quarter of 2011. Earnings were more than six times than the three cents per share the bank earned the previous quarter and in stark contrast to a loss a year ago.
"In a challenging global economy, we still see opportunities to do more with our customers and clients," said CEO Brian Moynihan.As a group, analysts were looking for Bank of America to earn $0.14 per share on revenues of $22.9 billion. Bank of America earned three cents per share in the first quarter on revenues of $22.5 billion. In the second quarter of 2011, the bank lost 90 cents per share on revenues of $13.5 billion. -- Written by Dan Freed in New York. Follow this writer on Twitter.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts