Bank of America earnings story updated with additional information
- Bank of America (BAC) reports second quarter earnings per share of $0.19
- Revenue decreased 1% from the previous quarter, to $22.2 billion.
- Analysts were expecting EPS of $0.14 on revenues of $22.9 billion.
Revenues of $22.2 billion were less than 1% lower than the previous quarter and 65% higher than the second quarter of 2011. Earnings were more than six times than the three cents per share the bank earned the previous quarter and in stark contrast to a loss a year ago.
"In a challenging global economy, we still see opportunities to do more with our customers and clients," said CEO Brian Moynihan.As a group, analysts were looking for Bank of America to earn $0.14 per share on revenues of $22.9 billion. Bank of America earned three cents per share in the first quarter on revenues of $22.5 billion. In the second quarter of 2011, the bank lost 90 cents per share on revenues of $13.5 billion. -- Written by Dan Freed in New York. Follow this writer on Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV