Duke Energy Corporation (DUK) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Duke Energy Corporation fell 44 cents (-0.7%) to $66.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.7 million shares of Duke Energy Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $66.24-$66.93 after having opened the day at $66.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $66.74. Other company's within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Just Energy Group (JE), down 11%, Ellomay Capital (ELLO), down 4.9%, American DG Energy (ADGE), down 4.6%, and Clean Energy Fuels Corporation (CLNE), down 2.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Duke Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about DUK
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV