Anglogold Ashanti (AU) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Anglogold Ashanti fell 54 cents (-1.6%) to $32.17 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.6 million shares of Anglogold Ashanti exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.88-$32.86 after having opened the day at $32.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.71. Other company's within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: AuRico Gold (AUQ), down 12.2%, China Gengsheng Minerals (CHGS), down 8.2%, Thompson Creek Metals Company (TC), down 7%, and Jaguar Mining (JAG), down 6.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Anglogold Ashanti Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about AU
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV