Unum Group (UNM): Today's Featured Insurance Loser
Unum Group (UNM) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Unum Group fell 26 cents (-1.4%) to $18.92 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.6 million shares of Unum Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.9 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $18.63-$19.15 after having opened the day at $19.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.18. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: StanCorp Financial Group (SFG), down 11%, National Security Group (NSEC), down 4.5%, Flagstone Reinsurance Holdings (FSR), down 4.5%, and Investors Title Company (ITIC), down 2.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Unum Group Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV