J.M. Smucker Co. (SJM): Today's Featured Consumer Goods Loser
J.M. Smucker (SJM) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, J.M. Smucker fell 68 cents (-0.9%) to $75.98 on average volume. Throughout the day, 527,707 shares of J.M. Smucker exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 607,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $75.70-$76.99 after having opened the day at $76.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $76.66. Other company's within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Mattress Firm (MFRM), down 12.8%, Mannatech (MTEX), down 11.8%, Select Comfort Corporation (SCSS), down 8.6%, and Tofutti Brands (TOF), down 8.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full J.M. Smucker Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV