Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE: SNH) today announced that it has priced an underwritten public offering of $350 million of 5.625% unsecured senior notes due August 1, 2042. The settlement of this offering is expected to occur on July 20, 2012. Senior Housing Properties Trust intends to use the net proceeds from this offering to prepay the variable portion of its Federal National Mortgage Association, secured term loan which carries a current interest rate of 6.38% per annum, to repay amounts outstanding under its revolving credit facility and for general business purposes, which may include funding possible future acquisitions of properties.
The joint book-running managers for this offering were Citigroup, Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, UBS Securities LLC, and Wells Fargo Securities, LLC. The joint lead managers for this offering were Jefferies & Company, Inc., and RBC Capital Markets, LLC.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or jurisdiction in which the offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of that state or jurisdiction. Copies of the prospectus supplement and the accompanying prospectus may be obtained by calling Citigroup toll-free at (800) 831-9146, Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated toll-free at (800) 294-1322, or Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, toll-free at (866) 718-1649, UBS Securities LLC toll-free at (877) 827-644, extension 561-3884 or Wells Fargo Securities, LLC toll-free at (800) 326-5897.
WARNING REGARDING FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTSTHIS PRESS RELEASE CONTAINS FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS WITHIN THE MEANING OF THE PRIVATE SECURITIES LITIGATION REFORM ACT OF 1995 AND OTHER SECURITIES LAWS. THESE FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS ARE BASED UPON SENIOR HOUSING PROPERTIES TRUST’S PRESENT EXPECTATIONS, BUT THESE STATEMENTS AND THE IMPLICATIONS OF THESE STATEMENTS MAY NOT OCCUR. FOR EXAMPLE,
- THIS PRESS RELEASE STATES THAT THE SETTLEMENT OF THE SALE OF SENIOR NOTES IS EXPECTED TO OCCUR ON JULY 20, 2012. THE SETTLEMENT OF THIS OFFERING IS SUBJECT TO VARIOUS CONDITIONS AND CONTINGENCIES AS ARE CUSTOMARY IN UNDERWRITING AGREEMENTS IN THE UNITED STATES. IF THESE CONDITIONS ARE NOT SATISFIED OR THE SPECIFIED CONTINGENCIES DO NOT OCCUR, THIS OFFERING MAY NOT CLOSE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV