Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ GS: IBKR) an automated global electronic broker and market maker, today reported diluted earnings per share on a comprehensive basis of $0.09 for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, compared to diluted earnings per share on a comprehensive basis of $0.31 for the same period in 2011.
Reported results on a comprehensive basis reflect the GAAP convention adopted in 2011 that requires the reporting of currency translation results contained in Other Comprehensive Income as part of reportable earnings. Previously, currency translation results were reported as a component of changes in Total Equity in the Statement of Financial Condition.
On a non-comprehensive basis, which excludes the effect of changes in the U.S. dollar value of the Company’s non-U.S. subsidiaries, the Company reported diluted earnings per share on net income of $0.17 for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, compared to diluted earnings per share of $0.22 for the same period in 2011.
Net revenues were $261 million and income before income taxes was $109 million for this quarter, compared to net revenues of $297 million and income before income taxes of $149 million for the same period in 2011.The Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.10 per share. This dividend is payable on September 14, 2012 to shareholders of record as of August 31, 2012. Business Highlights
- 42% pretax profit margin for this quarter.
- $5.0 billion in equity.
- 53% Electronic Brokerage pretax profit margin for this quarter.
- 26% Market Making pretax profit margin for this quarter, compared to 47% in the year-ago quarter, primarily as a result of our currency hedging strategy.
- Customer equity grew 11% from the year-ago quarter to $28.6 billion and customer accounts increased 14% to 200 thousand.
- Cleared DARTs increased 6% from the year-ago quarter to 399,000.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV