Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ GS: IBKR) an automated global electronic broker and market maker, today reported diluted earnings per share on a comprehensive basis of $0.09 for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, compared to diluted earnings per share on a comprehensive basis of $0.31 for the same period in 2011.
Reported results on a comprehensive basis reflect the GAAP convention adopted in 2011 that requires the reporting of currency translation results contained in Other Comprehensive Income as part of reportable earnings. Previously, currency translation results were reported as a component of changes in Total Equity in the Statement of Financial Condition.
On a non-comprehensive basis, which excludes the effect of changes in the U.S. dollar value of the Company’s non-U.S. subsidiaries, the Company reported diluted earnings per share on net income of $0.17 for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, compared to diluted earnings per share of $0.22 for the same period in 2011.
Net revenues were $261 million and income before income taxes was $109 million for this quarter, compared to net revenues of $297 million and income before income taxes of $149 million for the same period in 2011.The Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.10 per share. This dividend is payable on September 14, 2012 to shareholders of record as of August 31, 2012. Business Highlights
- 42% pretax profit margin for this quarter.
- $5.0 billion in equity.
- 53% Electronic Brokerage pretax profit margin for this quarter.
- 26% Market Making pretax profit margin for this quarter, compared to 47% in the year-ago quarter, primarily as a result of our currency hedging strategy.
- Customer equity grew 11% from the year-ago quarter to $28.6 billion and customer accounts increased 14% to 200 thousand.
- Cleared DARTs increased 6% from the year-ago quarter to 399,000.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts