WORCESTER, Mass., July 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG), a leading provider of property and casualty insurance nationwide, today announced that it has broadened its partnership with IDentity Theft 911, a leader in identity management and data-breach response. As a result, The Hanover is now introducing coverages and services for ID theft prevention and mitigation services for small business clients that are not typically available in the market for businesses of that size. The Hanover already offers these innovative IDentity Theft 911 services to its middle market customers.
"Financial and reputation losses from a data breach can devastate a small business," said Michael Keane, president, small commercial, at The Hanover. "We are very pleased to offer the IDentity Theft 911 program to help arm small businesses with innovative tools that can significantly reduce their risks related to data breaches and identity theft and help them restore their business' identity if it is compromised."The IDentity Theft 911 service makes it easier for covered businesses to be proactive in preventing identity theft. For instance, businesses can call a 24-hour hotline staffed by experts who can help prepare for and respond to a data breach. The firm acts fast, which is critical for managing a breach to help small businesses avert a crisis when an identity theft takes place. These services include experts who will assess the severity and damage of the breach, advise on regulatory and consumer notification, and create action plans for responding quickly and efficiently. IDentity Theft 911 also will draft a customer-notification letter and, for larger breaches, help design and implement a password-protected website to communicate with those who are affected. Services also include computer forensics analysis, incident damage reviews and digital-evidence preservation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV