NEW ALBANY, Ohio, July 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Commercial Vehicle Group, Inc., (Nasdaq: CVGI) a leading supplier of fully integrated system solutions for the global commercial vehicle market, is pleased to announce that it is moving to a new facility in L'viv, Ukraine. The new plant will replace CVG's currently leased building in Kamyanets-Podilsky, Ukraine and will also be leased. Capital expenses and costs for the move are anticipated to be in the range of approximately $1.2 to $1.4 million. The Company expects the capital requirements to be substantially completed in the second half of 2012.
The new 8,000 square meter (86,211 square foot) building will produce wire harnesses and other electrical distribution system products for both light vehicles and commercial vehicles such as heavy trucks and construction equipment. Pre-launch activities have already commenced with a formal opening scheduled for October 2012 when total employment is expected to be approximately 125. Existing orders should result in the employment of approximately 650 workers by the end of 2013 when all work is launched or transferred to the new building.
The new L'viv plant will produce wire harnesses for Webasto, Continental and CVG's new Skoda Auto a.s. contract that was announced in November 2010 and set to begin production in 2012. Skoda Auto, located in Mlada Boleslav, Czech Republic, is a member of the Volkswagen Group, the largest car manufacturer in Europe.
The Skoda contract calls for CVG to provide the auto manufacturer with wire harnesses to be used in car doors, seats, bumpers and parking sensors for two new car lines. Currently, CVG is delivering similar products for the Skoda Yeti, an SUV, and the Superb B6. In addition to the manufacture of parts, CVG is also supplying Skoda with design activities, development and engineering services, drawings, prototyping, production samples and customer service assistance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV