ATLANTA, July 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Crawford Contractor Connection, a high-quality managed repair vendor network for residential and commercial property claims, and USAA, a financial services provider, have expanded their 15-year partnership to launch the Home Improvement Network, an online service that connects USAA members with professional contractors.
"Inexperienced or unreliable contractors can make home improvements a painful process for the customer," said Angela Wong, USAA's executive director of product management. "The Home Improvement Network eliminates the guesswork and gives members the assurance of working with someone with a history of great service."
Contractor Connection offers a network of more than 4,000 contractors in the United States and Canada. Initially providing services to insurers and their claimants, the network launched a consumer program in 2010. Property owners interested in home improvement projects now can access Contractor Connection's credentialed network to provide bids for their work.
The Contractor Connection network includes providers in all major metro areas and beyond. To be included, contractors must:
- Provide proof of all appropriate licenses and insurance
- Stay in good financial standing
- Own professional equipment and facilities
- Perform background checks on all employees who work at customer sites
- Provide workmanship warranties
- Meet minimum performance standards to stay in the network.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts