What's the best play with New Oriental Education? There may be an attractive short-term trade coming up Thursday. Near the end of the day, if still trading lower, sell out of the money puts.
Fear of continued losses tends to push portfolio insurance prices up dramatically, while at the same time the stock should bottom. Short interest is relatively small (about 5%), removing the largest catalyst for a move higher.
It's not one to get greedy with; hold on for a few days and as the implied volatility falls (hopefully with a dead-cat bounce), exit out with a quick hit and run for profits. Otherwise, for longer-term investors, the best play is to wait until the SEC investigation is finalized for an entry. (Read my
BPI data by
The other education stocks will likely bounce back quickly as investors formulate the issue is isolated to New Oriental Education. I entered into a long position with Bridgepoint Education by selling put options.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV