Sprint Nextel (S), together with its subsidiaries, offers a range of wireless and wireline communications products and services to individual consumers, businesses, government subscribers, and resellers in the U.S., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. This stock is trading up 5.7% to $3.66 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $3.48-$3.6852-Week Range: $2.10-$5.29 Volume: 38 million Three-Month Average Volume: 52 million >>5 Telecom Stocks Breaking Out Ahead of Earnings From a technical perspective, S is ripping higher here and breaking out above some near-term overhead resistance at $3.48 with decent volume. This breakout is pushing S into new highs for 2012 and is moving the stock within range of an even bigger breakout trade. That trade will hit once S takes out some past overhead resistance at $3.90 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades as long as S maintains a trend over $3.48, and once it takes out $3.90 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above $3.90 with volume that's tracking in near or above 52 million shares. If we get that action soon, then S has a great chance of trading up towards the lower end of its gap-down from 2011 near $4.50. Sprint, as of the most recently reported quarter, was one of David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital holdings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV