Fuel Tech (FTEK) is an integrated company, which uses a range of advanced technologies to provide boiler optimization, improvement and air pollution reduction and control solutions to utility and industrial customers globally. This stock is trading up 16.2% to $5.31 cents per share in recent trading.
Today's Range: $4.84-$5.4352-Week Range: $3.47-$7.46 Volume: 323,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 192,970 Shares of FTEK are soaring today after the company was awarded a $36.6 million air pollution control contract by a major utility company in Chile >>5 Stocks Poised for Breakouts From a technical perspective, FTEK is gapping up huge here with above average volume. This move is coming off some near-term support at $4.51, and it's pushing the stock within range of a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once FTEK takes out its 200-day moving average of $5.41 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once FTEK sustains a move or close over $5.41 with volume that's near or above 192,970 shares. At last check, FTEK has hit an intraday high of $5.43 and volume is well above its three-month average action of 192,970 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for FTEK to re-test and possibly take out its next significant overhead resistance levels at $5.94 to $6.50. To see more stocks under $10 that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under $10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV