QLT (QLTI) is a biotechnology company engaged in the development and commercialization of therapies for the eye. This stock is trading up 4.5% at $8.29 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $7.94-$8.3652-Week Range: $5.35-$8.10 Volume: 276,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 188,516 >>5 Biotech Stocks Under $10 Set to Soar From a technical perspective, QLTI is marching to the upside here with strong volume, and the stock has started to break out above some near-term overhead resistance at $8.10. This breakout has pushed QLTI into new 52-week-high territory , which is bullish technical price action. Traders should now look for long-biased trades as long as QLTI maintains its trend over $8.10, and once it triggers its next major breakout trade. That trade will trigger once QLTI takes out some past overhead resistance at $8.87 with high-volume. Look for a sustained move or close over $8.87 with volume that's near or above 188,516 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then QLTI should easily re-test and possibly trade north of $10.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV