Sports enthusiasts around the globe have long been accustomed to enlisting friends, family and even strangers to serve as amateur videographers. But even if you’re able to convince someone to invest the time and energy to help out, usable footage is never a guarantee. Now athletes ranging from professional surfers to little league soccer players can capture high quality video of themselves on their own, from a distance, thanks to SOLOSHOT, the most recent recipient of the Proto Labs Cool Idea! Award.
SOLOSHOT is a two-piece cooperative object tracking system that combines with virtually any camera to track and film a moving subject from up to 2000 feet away. Simply mount a camera on the motorized base and slip the remote armband on. Once you’ve completed the simple pairing process, the SOLOSHOT remote and base units remain in radio communication allowing the SOLOSHOT base to automatically rotate to keep your camera pointed at you.
“SOLOSHOT began as a surfer’s dream,” says Soloshot, Inc. Founder and CEO, Chris Boyle. “Being able to set your camera up on the beach and head out into the break knowing that every wave and wipeout will be smoothly tracked and filmed is a great feeling.”
Both the SOLOSHOT remote and base feature rechargeable batteries that last more than five hours on a single charge and the waterproof remote is designed to handle demanding ocean environments. Boyle and Co-founder, Scott Taylor, both engineers, addressed security by designing an access point to lock the camera to the base and the included professional grade tripod can be locked to nearby fixed objects such as a tree or life guard stand. Additionally, the base features a bright feedback LED that lets you know the camera is pointing at you while you’re on the water or racing around the track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV