The Sunnyvale, Calif.-based Internet giant reported a non-GAAP profit of $190 million, or 27 cents a share, on revenue excluding traffic acquisition costs of $1.081 billion for the three months ended in June.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expect Yahoo! to report earnings of 23 cents a share on $1.095 billion in revenue. Independent analysts polled by Estimize were looking for a profit of 22 cents a share on $1.085 billion in revenue. Analysts estimates usually exclude TAC.
Yahoo! said display revenue rose in the latest quarter to $473 million, a 1% increase year-over-year. Search revenue excluding TAC also rose, up 4% year-over-year to $385 million."In the second quarter, non-GAAP earnings per share exceeded consensus and both display and search revenue ex-TAC showed modest growth," said Yahoo! CFO Tim Morse in a press release. "We also moved aggressively with new strategic agreements with Alibaba and Facebook and announced several new partnerships including CNBC, Clear Channel and Spotify." The results come a day after Yahoo! named Marissa Mayer, a former Google (GOOG) executive, as its new CEO. The company plans to hold a conference call at 5 p.m. to discuss the results. Shares of Yahoo! closed the regular session down 0.22% to $15.61. The stock was last quoted at $15.71, up 11 cents, on volume of more than 270,000, according to Nasdaq.com. Interested in more on Yahoo!? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV