NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Yahoo! (YHOO) slumped 0.48% to $15.57 despite the news that Marissa Mayer was appointed CEO. Mayer is Yahoo!'s third CEO in just the last few months, following the ousted Scott Thompson and interim CEO Ross Levinsohn.
The announcement has heightened investor interest in Yahoo!'s second-quarter earnings released after market close on Tuesday.
Cisco Systems (CSCO) dropped 0.79% to $16.06 on Tuesday. The company announced the acquisition of privately held, security software firm, Virtuata, on Monday."Together, Cisco and Virtuata will enable consistent and enhanced security for virtual machines allowing customers to accelerate the deployment of multi-tenant, multi-hypervisor cloud infrastructures," Cisco's Head of Corporate Business Development, Hilton Romanski, wrote on the company's blog. Facebook (FB) tumbled 3.03% to $27.39 after Capstone Investments released a report revealing a 11% decline in US users over the past six months. Facebook shares also declined sharply at the end of Monday. Zynga (FB), which generates a significant portion of its revenue from Facebook gamers, fell sharply on Tuesday, plunging 6.83% to $4.50. --Written by Nathalie Pierrepont in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. >Contact by Email. Follow @nrpierrepont
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV