5 European Stocks Too Cheap to Ignore
In a similar vein, Germany's Siemens (SI) has been tarred and feathered, seeing $50 billion in market value simply vanish over the past 12 months. Meanwhile, Siemen's key global rival, GE (GE), is trading near its highest levels in more than three years. Make no mistake, these companies are equally exposed to the vagaries of the global economy and tend to prosper and slump in tandem.
That's why some investors think a paired trade with these two stocks makes sense, going long with Siemens and shorting GE. Consider that GE trades for 1.5 times trailing sales, which is roughly twice as high as Siemen's price-to-sales ratio. Looked at another way, Siemens trades for nine times projected 2013 earnings while GE's forward multiple is 11. Both companies are expected to see sales grow around 4% to 5% next year, with more robust growth anticipated by mid-decade as the global economy mends.Siemens also shows up on a list of 8 High-Quality, Dividend-Paying European Stocks Trading Cheaply.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV