Mayer is accomplished, young and pregnant, and has a software engineering background, a rarity indeed. All in all, it's a good story.
But the media is largely ignoring or downplaying another side of the story: the ongoing exodus from Google (GOOG).In an article called "A Yahoo Search Calls Up a Chief From Google," The New York Times -- like most others -- made no mention of the Google exodus. The Wall Street Journal mentions this "latest departure from Google," in passing toward the bottom of its article, which is better than nothing. The Washington Post, conversely, highlighted it. In "New Yahoo CEO is latest top Google executive to leave search company," the Post focused an entire article from top to bottom on the issue. Look: This is nothing that will fell Google in the short run. There is even the possibility that Google, which has a lot of talent, might survive a long time without being affected. But anytime a company faces a lasting outflow of high-level employees, it's something to watch. With all the focus on Yahoo!'s intriguing new CEO, though, the continuation of the exodus story at Google has hardly been noticed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV