Use Your Gift Cards and Coupons: Gift cards and coupons can be a pain to lug around. Plus, it can be difficult to remember to use them. But of course, they can save you money. So if you need your phone to remind you to use them, here are a couple of suggestions.
Mangobird's Unexpire (available at Google play) tracks gift card expiration dates, and the developers say notifications of expiring daily deals is "coming soon."
Birthdays: Sure, you could add your friends' birthdays to your calendar or check Facebook, but Sincerely Ink's app is the one birthday-reminder app to beat. It'll sync with your Facebook friends, and thanks to its new "Thoughtfulness Engine," the app reminds you up to a week before the big day. Then, you can go old-fashioned and design a birthday card right in the app. Sincerely Ink will snail mail it for you for $1.99 ($2.99 international)
Tamara Chuang is an outside contributor to TheStreet. Her opinions are her own.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV