Editor's Note: Be sure to also read Apps to Help You Remember Mundane Tasks: iPhone Edition.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- There are many mobile-device apps that help you remember important events and tasks in life, but what about remembering mundane chores such as taking the beer out of the freezer for dinner?
Stop by the Grocery Store: Wouldn't it be great if there was an app that was so smart it could read your task list and nudge you when you drove near a place related to one of your tasks?Well, I'm still looking for that one. But one way to achieve this is to buy three apps: the free Astrid task list from astrid.com; the $4.99 Locale from Google's (GOOG) Google play; and the $1.49 Astrid Locale Add-on from Google play. Astrid is already one of the most popular Android task list/productivity apps. Combining it with the other two apps mentioned above makes your phone even smarter. It alerts you when you are near a location on your list. The setup is a bit clunky: You create the shopping list in Astrid (which can auto sync Google Task lists), then open Locale and pin an address to a specific list. Then when you're driving around, your phone will alert you and pull up the applicable list. I wish the two were better integrated so that you didn't have to open two apps (maybe that's coming?), but the good thing is that once you're done, that list is set. This post on two forty four a.m. blog provides details on using the three apps together.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV