- The technology industry accounted for 46 percent net absorption with the energy market trailing with 23 percent.
- While in 2010 the East Coast comprised 85 percent of net absorption totals, that level decreased to 23 percent in Q2.
- Leasing activity is still very depressed. While up nearly 10 percent from Q1 2012 level, it's down 17 percent year-over-year – as the result of most tenants negotiating leases extensions in depressed markets in 2010 and 2011.
- Vacancy declined and dipped slightly 17.3 percent, its lowest point since early 2009.
- For the first time in three years, sublease space upticked slightly in the quarter.
- Florida, Arizona and parts of Southern California are experiencing a strong rebound, growing at triple the rate of the rest of the U.S. in Q2.
- Construction remained low across most markets; however, activity has increased in a few cities including Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, New York, Northern Virginia, San Francisco, Silicon Valley and Washington D.C.
Technology And Energy Sectors Continue To Lead U.S. Commercial Real Estate Market Says Jones Lang LaSalle
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.