SALT LAKE CITY, July 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- A recent study, conducted by ICMI and sponsored by inContact (NASDAQ: SAAS) surveyed more than 500 contact center professionals and revealed new insights into short- and long-term goals and investment trends, including increasing complexity, agent management attrition and a growing need for customer data. The survey addressed contact center professionals working in centers—both large and small—around the world, including respondents from more than 20 countries.
"A few short years ago during the economic downturn, contact centers were laser-focused on driving down costs and riding out the storm. Today, as this new study illustrates, the customer service macro trends– social, mobile and self-service – are driving contact centers to transform their operations to be more customer centric and responsive," said Mariann McDonagh, Chief Marketing Officer at inContact. "These findings clearly demonstrate that, over the next five years, contact center leaders will make informed technology decisions that help them achieve these demanding requirements."
Nearly 70 percent of respondents identified "meeting service level agreements" as a measure of success in a contact center today. More than 40 percent of contact centers indicated they are experiencing agent attrition, and one quarter (25.3 percent) indicated that they were experiencing customer attrition. One major challenge identified in the survey, with 69.8 percent of contact centers, was increased complexity, due to the proliferation of new channels and increasingly multi-channel customers. Less than half of those respondents (32.7 percent), however, had upgraded their contact centers to deal with channel proliferation.Key findings regarding priorities identified were measure on a scale of 1 to 5:
- Customer satisfaction was identified as the most important priority, earning an average rating of 3.86 out of 5 in the survey.
- Increasing agent productivity and meeting service level agreements both placed at 3.56/5.
- Increased sales and profitability scored 3.35/5.
- Lower operating costs scored 3.3/5.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV