Boost Mobile, a leader in the no-contract wireless industry, makes a splash this summer by unveiling the Kyocera Hydro, the first IPX5- and IPX7-level water-proof Android™-powered smartphone that doesn’t require a contract. Kyocera Hydro is “oops proof,” with innovative technology built to withstand sprayed water like rain (IPX5) or even being submerged in three (3) feet of fresh water for up to 30 minutes* (IPX7).
Boost Mobile and Kyocera recognize that mobile phone accidents happen, but unlike cracked screens or broken keypads that can be replaced, water damage is usually irreversible. In almost all cases, water damage results in nothing more than a good-looking paperweight. According to industry statistics, more than 82.5 million mobile phones nationwide have been destroyed by water or moisture. Water damage also drives more than 20 percent of handset insurance claims during the summer months as consumers look to stay cool and connected by the pool.
Kyocera Hydro will be available starting Aug. 3 for $129.99 (excluding taxes) at Boost Mobile’s exclusive retail stores, select independent wireless dealer locations nationwide and at www.boostmobile.com with free shipping. The lightweight 3G smartphone, weighing only 4.16 ounces, will be available in select national retail locations later next month.
“With other water-soaked smartphones, consumers instantly move into MacGyver mode attempting to beat the odds with dry rice, Ziploc bags and other home remedies that rarely work,” said Andre Smith, vice president-Boost Mobile. “With the Kyocera Hydro, consumers can eliminate the panic of water damage and just enjoy their affordable Android-powered smartphone paired with Boost’s award-winning no-contract service with payments that shrink over time.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV