Is Natural Gas Fund Ready to Pop?
NEW YORK ( TheGoldAndOilGuy.com) -- The United States Natural Gas Fund (UNG) recently caught my attention. While it was in a significant downtrend for the better part of a year, it has recently been consolidating right under the $20 level.
A look at the daily chart shows a long move down and then, recently, a sideways consolidation pattern. While this is typically a continuation pattern, I am beginning to think that the next move may be up, rather than an extension of the previous downtrend.
If we zoom in a bit and take a look at the hourly chart, we are presented with two scenarios
- The rising wedge holds and UNG breaks through the $20 to $20.50 resistance level on high volume and a new long-term up trend is produced.
- The head and shoulders pattern within the wedge breaks downward and the downtrend resumes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV