WMS Industries Inc. (NYSE:WMS) today announced the formation of Williams Interactive LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary that will focus on the growth, development and operational execution of the Company’s worldwide online wagering, social, casual and mobile gaming initiatives. The creation of Williams Interactive LLC is intended to optimize the benefits of iGaming for WMS’ casino operator customers and their players. Orrin J. Edidin, President of WMS Industries, has been promoted to the new position of President and Chief Executive Officer of Williams Interactive. In his new role, Mr. Edidin will lead the Company’s efforts to leverage its product development expertise, industry leading content and already comprehensive iGaming capabilities to capitalize on the emerging industry’s significant potential growth opportunities by supporting casinos’ participation in these new distribution channels. In addition, reflecting the Company’s commitment to operational excellence and continued growth in its core gaming product sales and gaming operations businesses, WMS has promoted Kenneth Lochiatto to President and Chief Operating Officer of WMS Gaming.
Under Mr. Edidin’s leadership, Williams Interactive will integrate under a unified organizational structure the Company’s already extensive array of interactive gaming operations and development initiatives in the rapidly growing online wagering, social, casual, and mobile gaming distribution channels. Williams Interactive is expected to facilitate the continued expansion, evolution and extension of WMS’ interactive businesses. These operations currently include:
- The successful and award-winning UK-based JackpotParty.com B2C online casino and the development and operation of its B2B managed online casino site in Belgium in collaboration with Groupe Partouche.
- Jadestone Group, a leading developer, publisher and distributor of online gaming content with particular expertise in multiplayer, skill-based gaming and experience in integrating their game servers with customers’ online gaming platforms, which will facilitate broader distribution of our entire content library online as they presently serve a wide range of high-profile online gaming customers primarily in Europe.
- The award-winning, cloud-based Player’s Life® Web Services that links casino-based entertainment with non-wagering entertainment features at home or on mobile devices, which now has over 1 million unique registered accounts.
- The Company’s social gaming pursuits, including the Lucky Cruise™ social casino on Facebook.
- Phantom EFX, a leading developer and publisher of play-for-fun gaming entertainment for the social, casual and mobile channels that has significantly expanded our capabilities across these distribution channels; and,
- The recently announced strategic alliance with Dragonfish, the independent B2B division of 888 Holdings, to pursue U.S. online poker initiatives, including both play-for-fun and real money applications when legally permitted, as well as other online casino applications and opportunities.
With a strong historical focus on understanding players’ entertainment values and demands, its Player Driven Innovation culture and the Company’s legacy of excellence in creating player-appealing products and services, WMS has built a comprehensive suite of organically developed iGaming resources and initial product offerings that have been supplemented with strategic alliances, acquisitions and partnerships.
Brian R. Gamache, Chairman and CEO of WMS Industries, commented, “For several years, WMS has been moving toward the convergence of land-based casino entertainment with players’ desires for gaming content across the full spectrum of online, social, casual and mobile mediums. As result of our anticipation of this convergence, we already possess a comprehensive range of leading solutions to meet our customers’ current and evolving needs. Establishing Williams Interactive is an important step forward in concentrating our efforts and increasing our collective ability to leverage our operational and development initiatives to propel growth and returns to the next level. Orrin’s management expertise and knowledge of the WMS organization, understanding of the dynamics of these new emerging distribution channels and deep appreciation of what land-based casino operators need to maximize their benefit from iGaming opportunities make him the ideal leader to move Williams Interactive forward for the benefit of our customers, their players and WMS.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV