Malaga Financial Corporation (OTCBB:MLGF), the parent company of Malaga Bank FSB, today reported that net income for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 was $3,117,000 ($0.52 basic and fully diluted earnings per share), an increase of $369,000 or 13% from net income of $2,748,000 ($0.47 basic and $0.46 fully diluted earnings per share) for the quarter ended June 30, 2011. Net income for the six months ended June 30, 2012 was $6,171,000 ($1.04 basic and fully diluted earnings per share) as compared to $5,460,000 ($0.93 basic and $0.92 fully diluted earnings per share) for the six months ended June 30, 2011, a 13% increase. Earnings for the second quarter and first six months were the highest in Malaga Financial’s history for those periods and resulted in an annualized pre-tax return on average equity of 25.26%.
At June 30, 2012, the Company reported one delinquent loan and no real estate owned. The delinquent loan is a single family loan with an outstanding principal balance of $2.7 million and was one payment delinquent. The Company’s allowance for loan losses was $2,920,000, or 0.37% of total loans, at June 30, 2012.
Net interest income totaled $7,731,000 in the second quarter of 2012, up $606,000 or 9% from the second quarter of 2011. This increase resulted from a $7 million or 1% increase in average interest earning assets to $809 million, and an increase of 0.29% in the interest rate spread to 3.71%. The increase in the interest rate spread was due to a decline in the weighted average cost of funds of 0.53%, which exceeded the 0.24% decline in the weighted average yield on interest earning assets.
Operating expenses remained stable with a small decrease of less than 1% in the second quarter of 2012, to $2,577,000 from $2,583,000 in the second quarter of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV