In a few articles I came across, Mayer expanded on what she'll do at Yahoo! In summary, she plans to leverage the strong but woefully under-utilized franchises at Yahoo! -- namely Finance and Sports. That's what she needs to do, build on these excellent brands. If she follows through like Levinsohn appeared to be doing during his short stint as interim CEO, I will quickly become a bull.
I have to believe Mayer shares Levinsohn's vision. If not, the Yahoo! board and executive office is in greater disarray than previously thought. Why would the company sign major partnerships with significant media-related brands such as CNBC and Spotify only to go in an entirely different direction?
Of course, because Mayer is female she will draw even more attention and, quite possibly, face a different type of scrutiny.
If she does not thing else as CEO of Yahoo!, I hope she can accomplish two things. Both relate to the pathetic carnage former bombastic Yahoo! CEO Carol Bartz left behind.Mayer sets out on the road to winning if she can restore employee morale at Yahoo! and return the class and professionalism not only Bartz, but it seems Scott Thompson, sucked out of the company's CEO office over the last several years. Follow @RoccoPendola At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned in this article. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV