NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- It appears Mitt Romney could be guilty of the same cronyism he's been criticizing Barack Obama for.
Romney's campaign has already slammed the president this week for supposedly giving federal grants and loan guarantees to political supporters. For example, Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli cited the $500 million loan the White House gave to now-bankrupt Solyndra and government loans that First Solar (FSLR) received in a press conference on Monday.
And Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul said in a statement on Monday that the president's favors to political supporters were "Chicago-style economics."
BuzzFeed has now
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV