East West Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq: EWBC), parent company of East West Bank, the financial bridge between the United States and Greater China, has appointed Tak-Chuen Clarence Kwan to its Board of Directors. Mr. Kwan was also appointed to the Board of Directors of East West Bank.
Mr. Kwan is a retired senior partner of the Chinese Services Group of Deloitte LLP. He joined Deloitte in 1978 where he held a number of leadership roles, including National Managing Partner of the Chinese Services Group of Deloitte U.S. and National Managing Partner and Deputy CEO of Deloitte China.
Mr. Kwan has over 30 years of financial advisory and management experience. Since the mid-1980’s, he has been advising U.S., Chinese, and other multinational companies on cross-border investment, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other direct foreign investments. He has also assisted large and high-growth Chinese enterprises, both state-owned and privately-held, to achieve sustainable success in the U.S. From 1995 to 2002, he grew Deloitte’s Beijing office from 25 to over 500 professionals and expanded Deloitte China’s national service capabilities to include management consulting and financial advisory services. As a recognized expert on U.S.-China cross-border investment, Mr. Kwan has been quoted in numerous publications, including Businessweek, Financial Times, Fortune, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post and others.
"We are pleased that Mr. Kwan has accepted this opportunity to join the East West family," said Dominic Ng, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of East West. "Clarence brings to our Board a deep and diverse understanding of international business and has multi-industry experience, particularly in the U.S. and in China. We look forward to his guidance and influence as we expand our reach as the financial bridge between the East and the West," concluded Ng.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV