MetLife Inc (MET): Today's Featured Insurance Loser
MetLife (MET) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, MetLife fell 50 cents (-1.6%) to $30.39 on light volume. Throughout the day, 5.3 million shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $30.21-$30.84 after having opened the day at $30.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.89. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: United Fire Group (UFCS), down 5%, Crawford & Company (CRD.B), down 4.8%, Crawford & Company (CRD.A), down 4.2%, and SeaBright Holdings (SBX), down 3.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV