Emerson Electric Co. (EMR): Today's Featured Industrial Goods Loser
Emerson Electric (EMR) pushed the Industrial Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Industrial Goods loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Emerson Electric fell 23 cents (-0.5%) to $44.71 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.7 million shares of Emerson Electric exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $44.46-$44.99 after having opened the day at $44.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.94. Other company's within the Industrial Goods sector that declined today were: Gardner Denver (GDI), down 8.6%, AerCap Holdings N.V (AER), down 6.4%, Omega Flex (OFLX), down 5.6%, and Tri-Tech (TRIT), down 5.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Emerson Electric Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV