Covidien PLC (COV): Today's Featured Health Services Loser
Covidien (COV) pushed the Health Services industry lower today making it today's featured Health Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Covidien fell 50 cents (-0.9%) to $52.35 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.9 million shares of Covidien exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.9 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $52.25-$52.85 after having opened the day at $52.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.85. Other company's within the Health Services industry that declined today were: IsoRay (ISR), down 16.3%, D Medical Industries (DMED), down 13%, Sunshine Heart (SSH), down 13%, and Dynacq Healthcare (DYII), down 8.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Covidien Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV