Gerdau SA (GGB): Today's Featured Basic Materials Loser
Gerdau (GGB) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials loser. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Gerdau fell 14 cents (-1.6%) to $8.37 on average volume. Throughout the day, six million shares of Gerdau exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $8.23-$8.52 after having opened the day at $8.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.51. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat (AMCF), down 14.7%, Cubic Energy (QBC), down 10.5%, Alpha Natural Resources (ANR), down 10.3%, and GeoGlobal Resources (GGR), down 9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Gerdau Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV