FXCM Inc. (NYSE: FXCM) today announced certain key operating metrics for June 2012 for its retail and institutional foreign exchange business. Monthly activities included:
Retail Trading Metrics
- Retail customer trading volume (1) of $317 billion in June 2012, 4% higher than May 2012 and flat with June 2011. Volume from indirect sources was 44% of total retail volume (1) in the second quarter 2012. Retail customer trading volume (1) for the second quarter 2012 was $869 billion, 12% lower than the first quarter 2012, and 7% lower than the second quarter 2011.
- Average retail customer trading volume (1) per day of $15.1 billion in June 2012, 14% higher than May 2012 and 5% higher than June 2011.
- An average of 414,502 retail customer trades per day in June 2012, 14% higher than May 2012 and 14% higher than June 2011.
- Tradeable accounts (2) of 205,111 as of June 30, 2012, an increase of 1,238, or 1% from May 2012, and an increase of 33,973,or 20%, from June 2011.
Institutional Trading Metrics
- Institutional customer trading volume (1) of $161 billion in June 2012, 16% higher than May 2012 and 123% higher than June 2011. Institutional customer trading volume (1) for the second quarter 2012 was $402 billion, 1% higher than the first quarter 2012 and 88% higher than the second quarter 2011.
- Average institutional trading volume (1) per day of $7.7 billion in June 2012, 27% higher than May 2012 and 134% higher than June 2011.
- An average of 17,937 institutional client trades per day in June 2012, 9% higher than May 2012 and 147% higher than June 2011.
More information, including historical results for each of the above metrics, can be found on the investor relations page of the Company's corporate web site,
This operating data is preliminary and subject to revision and should not be taken as an indication of the financial performance of FXCM Inc. FXCM undertakes no obligation to publicly update or review previously reported operating data. Any updates to previously reported operating data will be reflected in the historical operating data that can be found on the Investor Relations page of the Company’s corporate web site,
Volume that FXCM customers traded in period translated into US dollars.
An account that has sufficient funds to place a trade in accordance with FXCM trading policies.
About FXCM Inc.
(NYSE: FXCM) is a global online provider of foreign exchange (forex) trading and related services to retail and institutional customers world-wide.
At the heart of FXCM's client offering is No Dealing Desk forex trading. Clients benefit from FXCM's large network of forex liquidity providers enabling FXCM to offer competitive spreads on major currency pairs. Clients have the advantage of mobile trading, one-click order execution and trading from real-time charts. FXCM's U.K. subsidiary, Forex Capital Markets Limited, also offers CFD products with no re-quote trading and allows clients to trade oil, gold, silver and stock indices along with forex on one platform. In addition, FXCM offers educational courses on forex trading and provides free news and market research through
Trading foreign exchange and CFDs on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all.
Read full disclaimer