Law office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC announces that it is investigating potential violations of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 by Viropharma Incorporated (“Viropharma” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq- VPHM).
A class action lawsuit commenced in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania alleges that on December 14, 2011 Viropharma issued a press release announcing the modernization of labeling for Vancocin Capsules effective through the FDA’s approval of a sNDA. The press release indicated that Viropharma believes Vancocin met the requirements for, and had three years of exclusivity, during which a generic Vancomycin capsules would not be approved.
However, on April 10, 2012, the company disclosed that Vancocin would not qualify for the three additional years of exclusivity and the FDA was approving three ANDA’s for generic Vancomycin capsules. In addition, the company received notification that the Federal Trade Commission is conducting an investigation into whether the company has engaged in unfair methods of competition with respect to Vancocin. As a result, at the close of trading on April 10, 2012, Viropharma shares had declined $6.17 per share or 22% to close at $22.44.
If you purchased shares of Viropharma stock between December 14, 2011
and April 9, 2012 and wish to discuss the investigation, or have any
questions, you may e-mail or call the law office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC
who will, without obligation or cost to you, attempt to answer your
questions. You may contact Jason L. Brodsky, Esquire or Evan J. Smith,
Esquire at Brodsky & Smith, LLC, Two Bala Plaza, Suite 602, Bala Cynwyd,
PA 19004, by e-mail at
or by calling toll free 877-LEGAL-90. If you choose to retain counsel,
you may retain Brodsky & Smith, LLC without financial obligation to you,
or you may retain other counsel of your choice.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV