WAUKESHA, Wis., July 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Connecture, Inc., the leader in sales automation technology for the health insurance industry, today announced that it will support the design and development of a statewide health insurance exchange in the State of Minnesota. As a subcontractor to MAXIMUS (NYSE: MMS), who was selected as the prime contractor to design and develop the State's health insurance exchange, Connecture will support the enrollment and health insurance sales function of the exchange.
Minnesota is among the first states in the nation to engage the required technology and service providers to begin work to create a health insurance exchange, or HIX, that allows state residents to easily shop for, compare and purchase health insurance online. With the signing to participate in the alliance with MAXIMUS in Minnesota, Connecture is now engaged with two states that are moving forward to create state health insurance exchanges.
MAXIMUS and the state of Minnesota will use Connecture's StateAdvantage, a comprehensive offering that encompasses the technologies and services required for reliable, consumer-friendly HIX. A commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) suite of software solutions that enable states to create effective health insurance exchanges, StateAdvantage is modular in nature – allowing states to pick and choose the features and functionality they need.Minnesota will use four of the many modules that comprise StateAdvantage to enable consumers, state employees, health plans, brokers, navigators, and others to effectively use the Minnesota health insurance exchange. Specifically, Connecture's technologies will power the shopping and enrollment functions of the exchange, including:
- Individual enrollment: Minnesotans will use Connecture's technology to enroll in the health plans offered on the exchange.
- Small employer eligibility: A module of StateAdvantage will be used to process small employers' applications for financial assistance, as well as to provide information on whether to purchase a group health benefit plan or establish a defined contribution for their employees.
- The certification and display of qualified health plans for brokers and navigators: StateAdvantage will process information generated by government agencies to determine if health insurance plans are certifiable – and therefore able to be offered in Minnesota's exchange – for review by insurance brokers and "navigators" that help users find the best plan for them.
- The display of participating healthcare providers: Users of the exchange will be able to easily find and compare doctors and healthcare organizations that participate in plans offered on the exchange – making it even easier for Minnesotans to find the plan they want.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts